Saturday, 3 March 2018

8 year old shattered 2 year old's iPad, how do I go about this?


This morning the kids were fighting over who's markers were who's, and I let them bicker because they need to figure out how to work out their issues. In a fit of rage, the 8 year old threw his arm across the counter throwing my phone and little sisters iPad on the ground. Phone survived, iPad did not. He's never had an outburst like this before.We've always had jealously surrounding this iPad because it's the one thing 8 year old cannot play with, it's hers and hers only. Her only electronic. He has his own Xbox 360, xbox one, Nintendo switch, kindle tablet, and smart phone, and laptop, so it's not like he's lacking or not being "favored". If she can't play with his electronics, he can't play with hers. But since it's apple it's this magical forbidden fruit to him....Now she cannot play it because of the glass. This thing was my holy grail to being able to shower alone. How do I go about punishment for this? Do I make him do extra chores to pay for screen replacement? Does he have to give his tablet to her as a "well you shouldn't have messed with hers"? I don't want to be too harsh on him, he's already sorry as is.Edit to add, he had the intention of throwing it on the ground, but not shattering it via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2HXOdxg

No comments:

Post a Comment