Saturday, 2 December 2017

Not a ‘real mom’ till you have two?? Wtf?


Ugh. So my husband and I have one child by choice. She is 9 months old and the light of our lives, we are not planning on more.I ran in to a coworker today at the grocery store, I still have another 3 months mat leave so haven’t seen her in a while, she smiled at my daughter in the cart, made small talk etc. When she says something about time to get started on the next one.I laughed and tried to steer the conversation in another direction since no one ever seems to accept that we’re one and done. She then went on to talk about how she’s so glad she had two (good for you.) and how she wasn’t a real mom until she had her second???? Ummm what??So at this point, I mention that we are most likely one and done. She continues to try and change my mind... eventually she very condescendingly pats my arm and tells me I still have time to change my mind.Wtf??? So, I guess I’m not a real mom? And I really don’t know what I want?Parents of only’s do you find people unaccepting of your choice? Do they often try to change your mind? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ADOepn

No comments:

Post a Comment