
Basically post title. We're both early mid 30's, comfortable etc. However he's terrified of the responsibility becoming a dad entails.A little backstory. I come from your standard middle class stereotype, dad breadwinner and my mother was a SAHM, who raised us etc. His upbringing was....difficult and, the polar opposite to mine.Like I mentioned earlier with the ages, I'm now seriously considering trying soon, unlike while much younger discussing hypothetical children, I'm past 30, I'm worried medically if something's wrong it'll be too late. Luckily he completely understands that aspect. However (there's a lot more issues at play but also vague anonymity is important) he's worried, in fact that's down playing his fears massively. He's utterly terrified of bringing an innocent child into this world, and he can't dad. Or be a good one.1) Did any mother/father have this fear? 2) did you find a way to rationalise exactly what your fear was and Why? 3) did having a child you were terrified of fucking up and failing and it was true or false?(Mods if this post is wrong please let me know and I'll delete it) otherwise thank you to anyone who reads this. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2l5EA4X
No comments:
Post a Comment