
This is something I have been thinking about a lot lately. My older two (boy/girl twins) are turning 16 soon. Neither of them are dating, but each of them have friends over daily and I have noticed some flirting between the kids and each others friends. I understand that is perfectly normal and it doesn't bother me.I was talking to a friend recently and she casually mentioned how she was going to take her daughter to get birth control. They keep condoms in the house, but they want to make sure they are extra protected. She recommended that I do the same.I certainly understand why she does it, but I am concerned about sending mixed messages. I think my kids are too young to have sex, but I obviously want them to be protected in case they do have sex. We have a pretty open dialogue with our kids (my daughter received and unsolicited sext and reported it to me right away, my son told me about his first kiss, etc.) and neither of them have asked for birth control and/or condoms.I am curious to see how other people handle this. How do you send the message that you aren't encouraging them to have sex at their age, but still want them to be protected in case something happens? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2jsjxYj
No comments:
Post a Comment