Tuesday, 24 January 2017

First dance class for a 4 year old


My daughter has just turned four at the beginning of this year, and she will be attending her first dance class tomorrow evening. This is her first organized class without me, and it will be her first time being left in the care of a total stranger (I've met the teacher before many years ago). I've been a stay at home mom all this time, and have always had family or close friends babysit. We plan to arrive early so she can meet the instructor. The class has other children from ages 4-6, for 45 minutes once every week.I'm not really sure how to prepare her. She goes easily with the flow, but I don't want her to be scared in a situation she's never been in before. I don't know how well she'll get on with other kids when I'm not there. She's also quite a wild child.How do you know if your child is even ready for structured classes?And, also, how the hell, as parents, do you get over leaving your kid with strange people? She starts preschool this autumn, too. Mildly freaking out over here. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2j1Ez4d

No comments:

Post a Comment