Friday, 24 January 2020

To those who wonder if you will regret having children..... I used to be you. And my son is the best thing that has ever happened to me.


Before I had my son, I used to read reddit posts about people who regretted having children. I was sure I would one day be one of those people. I was sure having a child would be my greatest regret.Before children, I worked in the bar industry and my husband traveled for work and made enough money for me to travel with him. My life was the stuff of legends!! I worked a job I loved, had great friends, a great social life, not a worry in the world.I got pregnant at 35 after trying once. I kinda wanted it but kinda thought I had ruined my life. I was sad my party lifestyle of freedom would end.My labour was traumatic and my son was a terrible sleeper. Terrible. I’ve never heard of a child so terrible. Sleep coaches told me I was their first failure. I spent 2 years dealing with sleep coaches and behavioural therapists for his sleep. Terrible.My son is now 2.5. I’m a stay at home mom. I bartend occasionally when they need me or someone gets sick. My life is 24/7 my son. And I fucking love every second. Every waking second. He is my world, my heart, and my soul. My husband still travels so it’s mainly just me and him and I wouldn’t have it any other way. He’s my everything.Not having a second child. Happy with one. And I still really love the nights I bartend or leave the kid with my husband and hit the bar as a customer. Still have to have a bit of my old self every now and again.But my son. Man. He’s amazing. If you’re reading thing and thinking you’re going to regret having children, you may I guess. But you also may not. And I’d say for me stopping at one is the key to happiness in parenting. Some moms want more. For me one is it. My heart is full. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2utqW48

No comments:

Post a Comment