
My Child's KG best friend left our school. My daughter was heartbroken. I reached out to the mom (we used to be friends and grew apart) We invited him (her bff) to her birthday party along with an open invite for a playdate. I got a short but polite decline to the birthday party and no mention of the playdate. Now the mom is leaving me on read and not responding to other messages requesting a playdate. I feel like this is my fault for letting our friendship sorta dissolve. I had a lot on my plate that year and I dropped out of the social scene to handle stuff but we still had nice conversations in the hall/playground etc. (honestly I didnt think it was this bad until she started making it really awkaward) Should I confront her/ apologize? My daughter is heartbroken and I thought she would easily move on and make new friends, but we're halfway into 1st grade and she keeps bringing up how much she misses him and how she'll never make a friend like him again. They only live a few towns away and we dont mind driving. I dont know if I should fight or let it go and help my daughter move on. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/36tDoPt
No comments:
Post a Comment