Monday, 6 January 2020

My child's teacher livestreams the class as basically a commercial...


I have a son in early elementary school. I'm trying to be as vague as possible to avoid pointing out his teacher.His teacher makes and sells lessons online. I found this out when I googled his teacher to find the email address. I came across a Facebook page with his teacher's brand, and I clicked on it. There are A LOT of followers - over 100,000. I also noticed that the class gets livestreamed as his teacher is teaching - basically to market the products sold. I feel very weird about this - like my son is being used as a commercial and his teacher is profiting off of him being in the room.I like his teacher. I also signed a social media release form for the school, but there's a difference between "look at these honor roll students" or even a quick "live stream from the reading carnival!" and this.I would never go straight to a principal without addressing something with a teacher (I wouldn't want someone who had an issue with me that I didn't know about jumping straight to my boss about it). I also don't want this to end with my child always having to sit out-of-view of the camera. Is this weird to everyone else? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/36FqkXa

No comments:

Post a Comment