Friday, 24 January 2020

24 hours (and counting) of hell


Exactly 24+ hours ago I hear my son waking up out of the blue and I walk in and he starts saying “I need water...I need water quick!!” 3 seconds later projectile vomiting occurs. “OH FK” I think but say “Oh No you’re jokin’” let’s just say I’ve been up already since 5:50 AM, as my fiancé walks in saying **“ oh god, this is nasty” as it’s all over the bed, blankets, him, clothes, stuffies, and of course the floor. I instantly grab the first thing I see as a bucket, take off his clothes and change him while helplessly demanding my fiancé to get the carpet cleaner, Clorox wipes and paper towels. As a mom I was not very happy to be stuck cleaning it all up while dad got to fall asleep from let’s call it “visual and nasal trauma.” After an hour of scrubbing and sanitizing it starts all over again but luckily in the bucket this time! Finally it’s midnight and I get some Motrin to help with the fever and tsp’s of water at a time to avoid over expanding the stomach. His Fever is up there and every other hour he’s waking up vomiting in the bucket. All he wants is cuddles and his fox and dog which are in the washer and dryer until 2am since our washer takes FOREVER. I’m also not the person to leave things undone so I stayed up, not only to do laundry but with paranoia that I’m not doing enough for my child who continues to wake and vomit and repeat. Suddenly it 5AM again and his fever just won’t break. I call the Dr and he gets checked right away...great that nasty bug going around at school. THANKS AHOLE PARENTS THAT SEND THEIR KIDS TO SCHOOL SICK!! ** I get it you have to work but please for the sake of someone who is an absolute germaphobe you have given me what seems to be my inception. For what he’s got he’s doing well and the Dr said he’s going to be just fine and I should continue to do what I’m doing. I had to take the day off and call the school. I clean more and keep a close eye and chart of temps each time. Finally it’s 6:30 PM Friday. And although he was only awake for a maximum of 5 hours through this entire thing; he began to feel normal (within reason of course). Not hungry, just tired. My fiancé finally gets home and I’m exhausted and dirty. I just want a shower. So there I was showering...suddenly I hear my son knocking...”MOM I HAVE TO POOP!” *ok come in I say (we have a black out shower curtain so it wasn’t a big deal as a mom) until I smell it. That smell of diarrhea, the bad kind. I peek out and OH...MY....FFS you’re jokin’.... poop on the floor, poop in his shorts, poop on him....I clean him up the best I can and asking for my fiancé to grab me a towel and he’s no where to be found. I walk out of the bathroom cleaning up the trail and....OH MY FFS....that’s right....he had an accident in the bed on the just washed sheets and bed....here I am cleaning again! No big deal! It’s all good! I let my child know he is not at fault and mom is definitely not mad. After everything is clean and settled we cuddled and suddenly I smell the smell again. No....oh please no... *“ oh my gosh mom my butt is sweaty” ** as he checks his butt for god knows what and why...”did you just...” “LETS GO! Wash your hands bro” ** another shower scrub down no problem....UNTIL you’d never guess....he pooped as I started to help dry him ALL OVER THE BATHROOM FLOOR!!! Well good thing we are in the bathroom! Another shower no problem! Where is dad? We wonder....as he is sleeping from previously browsing Instagram feed. Well let’s just calm it a night. I’m hoping after all this we will be in the semi clear tomorrow and all the love, support, cleaning and sleep deprivation will be rewarded one day. The things we do for our children especially when they are sick.Anyone else have some fun (now that it’s happened) crazy stories they want to share?P.S. I’m honestly too tired to care about grammar and I needed to share this or I’ll forget and it’s definitely a been there saw that kind of thing that I know many other parents will get a kick out of! Happy Redditing Redditors!TTP: Kid has the gastro bug, it’s a crime scene everywhere and it’s funny because shit literally happens everywhere. No matter how much poop and puke I clean any kid deserves to feel like a champ! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/30Wq0RV

No comments:

Post a Comment