Tuesday, 4 June 2019

Is my wife too hard on our 2.5 year old? Am I too easy on her? Or both? My wife always seems angry with her


I want to start off by saying I couldn’t even imagine being at home with a 2.5 and 14 month old every single day. I know it’s a 24 hour job. I know it’s harder than my job...and probably just as stressful if not more.Recently, I’m getting a little concerned about my 2.5 year old. She’s a sweet, brilliant little girl but she’s also a wild child. She argues almost every decision she does not agree with (turn the tv off, nap time, etc.) I’ve chalked that up to her being 2.5 and normal.My wife has lost patience with her (right or wrong), and it came to a head yesterday morning. Our baby takes 45-1hr power naps at 8am every morning (she’s up at 6am). If the baby does not get this nap in, she is absolutely miserable until after her afternoon nap six hours later.We always tell the 2.5 to play quietly during that time.Yesterday Morning she wasn’t loud, but wasn’t quiet. My wife raised her voice at her (and that’s what woke up the baby). Once the baby woke up, my wife borderline screamed at the 2.5 year old, brought her to her room, and told her to stay there for the rest of the morning. She also canceled a trip to an aquarium that my daughter had been talking about for three days.I’m sure it’s a buildup. I know I’m not home during the day. But screaming at a 2.5 and making her stay in her room for a couple hours? To me, that seems like a lot.5 year old and up? Absolutely. I would agree with that.I did back my wife on it(even though I didn’t agree with the screaming). I think she could’ve been put in for 30 minutes of quiet time. Not hours. But I didn’t say that.How hard should we be on a 2.5 year old? Were these punishments (screaming, multi hour timeout, and a trip cancellation) excessive for making noise and waking up a baby?Thanks a lot. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2KqlgxF

No comments:

Post a Comment