Saturday, 22 December 2018

Rude neighbor kid


Our 7 year old has recently befriended a girl that lives just down the street. At first we were thrilled that she had a new friend and we've happily hosted her for a few hours several times a week since this summer.Unfortunately, it's gotten to the point of her inviting herself over nearly every day, and frankly, now that she's (overly) comfortable in our home, she's often rude and bossy to my kid while she's over. While I'm a big fan of letting kids work out their own problems and providing my own child with the tools to do so, (and we've discussed some appropriate ways to handle this friend several times) I'm really just over her constant instigating and my kid has had to tearfully ask us to intervene with this girl several times.The past few days, as soon as she starts behaving rudely, I've told her she has to leave, sometimes within minutes of her arrival. Am I handling this acceptably? I've met her parents a couple times, and aside from letting her wander the neighborhood pounding on strangers' doors and having a generally obnoxious child, seem like pretty decent people.Ideally I'd like to remain on good terms with the family, as we're neighbors, and the kids do have fun when they're getting along, but this is our first kid and I don't know what the protocols are for dealing with the aforementioned behaviors as politely/diplomatically as possible. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2LwwFuv

No comments:

Post a Comment