Saturday, 22 December 2018

My teenager is pregnant. What the hell do I do?


Throwaway for obvious reasons.She is the most perfect teenager a parent could ask for. Never made below a 95 in her life. Honor roll, honor society, cheerleader, star athlete, head of every club that exists, wins every academic award that exists... And, she’s pregnant.I have no idea what to do. I have no idea what to say. Obviously I can’t talk to who I would normally talk to because I don’t want anyone to know.I explained her options. Abortion, adoption, keeping it. Abortion, obviously devastating. Adoption, equally devastating, but amazingly beautiful for a family who wants a baby. Keeping it means I have another child. I’d have to raise it because we would do everything we can to keep her on track for medical school.I have what is considered to be a lot of children, one is still a baby. The others are a little older.I told her we’d be there for her and obviously we would help her no matter what.I don’t know what to do.ETA: I’m taking her to do the doctor Wednesday morning to be tested for STDs and confirm the pregnancy. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2AfpylA

No comments:

Post a Comment