Saturday, 22 December 2018

Misophonia and a horrible eater, I'm at my ends! Any solutions?


So, not fully sure if this is truly the right place to ask, but my 2yo chews lowder than I can turn the TV up and I have horrible misophonia. I have to pinch myself not to blow up and I have to do it hard. I have bruises on my hands from biting them just to try to ignore the situation. Obviously it's not like I can tell him to close his mouth or eat quietly, and it's not like he's doing anything wrong so it would be unfair. I put a show on louder than I should anytime he eats and it still KILLS me. He also manages to drink out of ANY sippy cup, bottle, water bottle or cup louder than anything else in the house.​Some days I make him food and put him at the table and leave and I feel so bad, but he will eat his meal on his own with no issues. His dad stays with them so they're not totally alone, but he doesn't have misophonia and still gets bothered by it. Theres no issues with the kiddo, he has no problems causing this. I just am losing my cool and it seems to only be getting louder, I figured it would go away and he would get quieter at eating but it's the total opposite.He constantly moves his tongue as if the food is stuck in his teeth but when I check it's not and he's just juggling it around. It makes ungodly loud noises when he does that and then when he's done wiggling it he smacks it louder than an adult could or chews side to side where it makes a gooshy sounds that just hurts my soul.​There's no dire issue but it's very annoying and gives me anxiety and I have no idea how to fix it via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2Seydf6

No comments:

Post a Comment