Sunday, 2 December 2018

Im ready to give up on my son


Background: mother of two boys ages 11 and 7. Husband and I have been together for 13 years. 11 year old has been diagnosed with various behavior/mental illnesses: ADD/ADHD, ODD, depression, anxiety.In September he was admitted to a psychiatric inpatient treatment program at a children's hospital for a week. Of course he was the model patient so no one there experienced what he is really like.I honestly don't know what is wrong with this child. But we have known something was wrong ever since he was about 2 or 3. At age 4 he locked my parents out of their home because he was mad at them.Between 6-11 years old he has; destroyed his bedroom, beat his brother, thrown patio furniture in the pool, destroyed my recently planted vegetable garden, threatened to throw a bar stool through our sliding glass door, held a knife to his throat, threatens suicide (why he was in inpatient), attempted to jump from my car while it was moving.It just gets worse and worse with this kid...He calls his father "Gramps" or "old man" to push his buttons. He calls me an "old hag" or "get out of my face woman!!!" Or he will tell me "hey maid, when is dinner ready? And it better be made from scratch this time, not from a can!"....he calls me fat, ugly, and if I break down and cry he will make fun of me for it "awww is the little girl gonna cwy like a witty bitty baby?". My son says this to me.Then the next day he is sorry....He recently brought home all F's on his report card (1 C-). We had zero clue he was doing so poorly in school. Before Halloween I had a conference with his teacher and she had nothing negative to say about my kid. All of a sudden he brings home F's. This week he was given an extension on an assignment he was given at the beginning of November. Its a packet of brain teasers, about 16 pages front and back. In a month he did 2 pages. So over the weekend we have been trying to get him to complete it. He doesn't care. He refuses to do it.As a result of the poor grades his internet was taken away. He was using my husband's old phone (he doesn't have his own, no way can that kid have a phone), via WiFi. I decided to take a peek at his browsing history. He was visiting websites that generate fake credit card numbers. Googling "what does cvc mean?" and "what does mm/yy mean?". So we no longer trust him online.Last night we had it with his behavior/mouth and took away his Xbox. For good. Gone. No more.Today I get an email from Xbox Live saying someone filed a complaint against my son for his atrocious online behavior and he has been banned!!! I didn't even know that was a thing.....He has a psychiatrist. My kid refuses to take his meds. He has a therapist. She has not helped.In total he has seen; 3 different psychiatrists, 2 different therapists, and a psychologist.Our insurance sucks by the way.I feel like I should take a leave of absence from work and just take this kid to therapy weekly.I'm out of ideas....I don't know what to do other than switch doctors, again. I have read books. I've taken a class. I'm enrolled in a class for spring 2019 on behavior management for ADHD kids. If we could afford boarding school we would do it in a heartbeat. But we can't afford it.Any ideas at all? Advice? Anything? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Pcm8F2

No comments:

Post a Comment