
We had a terrible day. My toddler is going through the defiance phase and my husband and I both find ourselves raising our voice. Most of time we’re just firm and loud but not yelling but occasionally I lose it and yell. I feel like we’re just not having good days anymore. Today I had to just put him in his room for a few minutes while he cried and I cooled down to not yell. I hate hearing him cry but I feel like I’m getting desensitized.The problem is that he does the exact opposite of what we say. Today he tried to stick his finger in the plug and I said no and he tried again. Yesterday I told him we had to brush his teeth and if he took too long we won’t have time for books. He said no books and threw his toothbrush. I know this is normal 2 year old behavior but I feel like I’m losing control and we’re being mean to him.We sent him to grandmas tonight and he’s going to my husbands parents tomorrow so that we can all detox and try again after a break. I need a more effective way to get through to him. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2DwmqER
No comments:
Post a Comment