
Dear Parents of reddit, I go to a school where most of the kids are fairly well off. Everyone has laptops and phone (and has had them since 6th grade), but there are a couple of kids that are EXTREMELY spoiled. They get whatever they want whenever they want it. For example, one kid spent 5000 dollars on a pair of shoes, only to later realize he got scammed out of a lot of money. He didn't care though, because his family is very wealthy. One of these kids is my friend. Lets call him Josh (Not his real name). Josh's mom died in a car crash and he's been a good friend of mine for a long time. I used to be jealous of his money and when I was younger I somewhat exploited him for his money (when we played games I would deal with his annoyingness so he would buy me things). I later realized that was so very wrong of me. I stopped doing this, but I may have inadvertently caused him to waste money on things that don't matter. I actively encouraged him to spend money on things he didn't need. Now he's taken that idea way out of proportion. He spent (are you ready) over 15000 dollars in 2 months. Then when his debit card was empty, he got a new one and continued to spend a lot of money. Because his mom passed away his father lets him spend whatever he wants. Josh's brother used to try and contain his spending, but his brother moved away for college. Now he acts like he owns everything and is entitled to the world. I just want my old friend back. What can I do to unspoil him or make him realize that he's super spoiled?TLDR; My childhood friend is super spoiled (and I may have caused it among other things) and he acts like a complete jerk now.We are in 10th grade as of November 2017. Sorry I'm a reddit noob so this might be the wrong subreddit. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2A5wyjU
No comments:
Post a Comment