Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Tablet addiction


I am worried that my bright, ADHD 9 year old has an addiction to her tablet. If left to her own devices, she would play all day, without taking a break to eat or use the bathroom. She even has accidents (number 1 and number2) when playing on her tablet, because she will not stop playing to use the bathroom.When I tell her to stop playing, I get crying, whining, or irritability. She never just stops playing happily. If I impose a deadline, she pushes the limit and says, "I just have to do one more thing first!"My daughter came to live with me 2 years ago as a foster child. I gave since adopted her. She has some psychological complications and is very dramatic and has a LOT of trouble accepting the word "no." Crying and whining you might experience from 3 year old are very normal for her. She may be chronically 9, but she is emotionally 3.I wonder how parents of 3 or 4 year olds handle screen time. I just don't know what to do. Please keep in mind I have only been a parent for 2 years. I'd greatly appreciate your sharing your experience and advice. Thank you. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/28R1pHk

No comments:

Post a Comment