Our 5 year old is very resistant to any kind of change. He does not have autism or Asperger. He plays well with other kids and he has no problems interacting with adults. But when there is the slightest change in his routine he starts crying and doesn't want leave my wife or my side. This started a year ago when we moved him from an in home daycare to a pre-school. He cried for the first couple of weeks which we thought was normal since it was a new environment. After that he was fine. A couple weeks ago he had his pre-school graduation. He would not stop crying and did not participate in the graduation ceremony. All the other kids did it except him. The graduation ceremony was something he had been working on with his teachers and classmates for over a month. So this was not a totally new situation. The only thing that was different is that my wife and I drove him to the ceremony which was a change from his routine.I lost my job recently and I have been taking my son to daycare for the last few days. Usually my wife did this when I was working. He's cried every time I've dropped him off even though all the kids and the teachers are the same people he's been interacting with for over a year.He starts Kindergarten in August. Right now there is no way he's going to be able to get on the bus. He'll fight and cry to get off. I've tried Googling what to do but I can't really find anything useful. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do I would really appreciate it. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/28TUY23
No comments:
Post a Comment