We've always been careful about limiting our 4yo's television intake. Most days she doesn't watch at all. Some days she watches 15-30 minutes. Occasionally an hour. This has worked fine. When she watches more, she can get moody so we try to keep it reasoanble. She got nothing until after age 2.Recently she has gotten into listening to Harry Potter books on tape and wants to do it all the time. While she listens she plays with legos and blocks and playdough, for long periods, by herself.I'm just wondering if I should think about this the same as TV, or if it's better for her than TV. I'm inclined to say it's better because she is playing with other stuff while it's happening instead of just vegging out. And it has increased her interest in the books. Mostly it just seems to occupy her brain a little. Without the tape, she will rarely be content to play on her own for a whole hour - she'll always wants one of us to do the play-dough with her, for example.Anyone else have experiences with books-on-tape to share? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/28R2kF8
No comments:
Post a Comment