
It was round two of vaccines for our 4 month old and oof. I'm very pro-vaccine and I know a bad night is worth it in the long run but holding her through her cries at the doctor's and comforting her through the first 24 hours breaks my heart.She was a little fussy and trying to roll over on the couch with me a few hours after the shots so I put her on her belly between my legs so she couldn't roll off while she played. She was fine for the first few minutes happy as a clam before she started screaming like she was dying. I've never heard her scream so shrilly before-- red faced, tears, all of it-- and all I could figure was maybe the pressure was too much on her thighs where she got her injections or her clothes were pressing on her too much. Maybe she even bonked herself in the face with a toy in the few seconds I looked away, I don't know. She calmed down in under a minute while I soothed her and I couldn't find a mark on her after a thorough looking over but I felt like such a monster. I never want to hear that scream again.Honestly no one prepares you for how often you feel like a bad parent even when you haven't done anything obviously wrong. :( Cherishing every little smile I can sneak out of her extra tonight. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2Zb91tg
No comments:
Post a Comment