Saturday, 22 June 2019

My husband is mean to our son


Our son is 18 months and can say some words so we know what he wants. But he’s still SO young, so he also does things like try to eat dirt and throw food. When this stuff happens I do what a lot of parents do - feel frustrated on the inside, and on the outside I try to explain to my son (as much as you can to an 18 month old) why what he did was wrong and I redirect his attention. My husband on the other hand will raise his voice/yell and call our son names i.e., asshole, motherfucker, you’re so stupid, and say things like “wow are you really going to cry right now why can’t you just be a normal fucking baby and sit still!”. Then when I address him he says “oh you know I’m just kidding.” Which drives me insane. I’ve told him he needs to seek counselling for his anger but he hasn’t yet. I’ve about had enough and I’m not sure how to handle the situation. Has any else dealt with this?? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2RsGYTr

No comments:

Post a Comment