Monday, 3 June 2019

Long sleeves in the summertime. Leave us alone!


I am getting SUPER frustrated that people keep telling me my daughter is too hot in long sleeves. She doesn't live outside. We are in a coldass grocery store. How will she over heat??Summertime in the south is a double edged sword. You have heat, sun, and MOSQUITOES. Yeah, if she is actually playing outside I will put her in a light, summery outfit and load her up with sunscreen and bugspray. She had eczema though, so she will have skin irritation the next day.Most days, when she is just outside for less than five minutes at a time (walking too and from the car) I forgo the sunscreen and bugspray for a loose long sleeved shirt. We live on a body of water, so even just walking to the car is enough to get bit if you aren't wearing bugspray or sleeves.I understand saying something if she was walking around the park in sleeves, but WHY would strangers approach me indoors about her clothes? Newsflash, the store stays the same temp all year round.Edit: sorry for typos, I am posting from my phone via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2KkT3Iy

No comments:

Post a Comment