Saturday, 22 June 2019

I picked my 8 week old up rougher than intended and I can't stop crying.


She's at that point where the crying seems endless, no matter what I do or don't do. Husband is great and helps when he's home, which I'm very grateful for.She was laying in on the floor, screaming (I had put her down for a few minutes) and I picked her up rougher than I intended to. Her head moved back and forth once, which scares me due to the constant fear of shaken baby. This was three days ago.She's since rolled over for the first time, is eating normally, isn't sleeping anymore than she normally does, and is overall a happy camper. I, meanwhile, have half a mind to go and turn myself in for child abuse, even though she isn't showing any signs of it. No marks, bruises, swelling, etc...Truthfully, she stopped crying when I picked her up and didn't bat an eye at her head moving.Why is this so much harder than I thought it would be? I would never, ever hurt her intentionally, and I feel like the sleep deprivation and frustration just got the better of me. What can I do to be a better mom? Have I already ruined my child? Is it possible for being picked up roughly leading to SBS? Is it normal to get frustrated? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2L7Gb95

No comments:

Post a Comment