
We live in Ireland and we pay our au pair double the weekly wage. We give her a weekly stipend for food and a leap card (bus pass) as well. We only have one child, and my husband wants to fire our au pair.He’s said that he’s overheard her being a b*tch to our daughter. He said that he has heard her say things like, “leave me alone. I’m on holiday,” or when my daughter asked her to help her put on her shoes, the au pair apparently responded, “I’m eating [so go away].”She hasn’t said any of these things in front of either me or my husband, and he’s just overheard her say these things. Also, I’ve told him that when he hears anything, he should pull her aside and tell her to cut it out.The problem is, is that she’s from abroad and I’m also from abroad so I know how hard it is to live in Europe. I feel bad because there’s a housing shortage here and also a shortage of jobs. Most Irish families ask their au pairs to cook and clean, as well as watch about 3 kids, on half of what we pay her. Our only ask of her is to take care of our daughter, but she doesn’t seem to be too interested in doing that.I know I should fire her, but the former lone globetrotter in me wants to give her another chance because it’s not like she’s dangerous to my daughter. She acts a bit like how my mum acts with my daughter or how she acted with me when I was a child. It seems as if she actually doesn’t like children but tolerates them.But I’m not sure how long I should give her before I just call it a day.Any information would be appreciated. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2T7LmXy
No comments:
Post a Comment