Sunday, 23 December 2018

Grandparents Visiting


Since my daughter's birth we told everyone if you wanted to come over you had to text me or my husband and ask if it was okay. We feel this is appropriate because it is 2018 who the hell just shows up. Anyway, after a family discussion last night my MIL made it clear that we should be inviting them over and everyone feels uncomfortable asking to come over. I don't feel like I should have to ask people to come see their grandchild. The other Grandparents text me almost daily about updates or asking when they can visit. My husband and I are at a loss for how to proceed. There is now a divide in the family and it really hurts. My husband and I admit we probably can reach out to everyone more and ask how they are doing or what they are up to. We are going to work on that.TLDR: do you invite people to see your kids or wait for them to reach out to you? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2BzOap1

No comments:

Post a Comment