
It's been a little over 4 months since my son died. The grieving process was terrible. I thought, this Christmas is gonna be hard for me. Surprisingly not. I talk to him everyday. I left a walkie talkie in his toy box on his grave. I use it to talk to him in the morning and before I sleep. It definitely helped me with the grieving process.This Christmas, I told him, he's getting a train set. First Christmas, gotta be special.But, I'm going away to spend the Christmas with my parents this year. My stepdad's having a rough time, so, my daughter and I are going to spend the Christmas with them to cheer them up. Life is short.Last night, I went to see my son to give him his Christmas present and to say sorry that I won't be with him on the 25th. He's gonna party with the Birthday Man, anyway.To all the grieving parents out there and to all that's going through a rough time this season, it's okay to cry. It's okay to not celebrate. It's okay to be angry. But please remember that a lot of people care for you. Talk. Talk to your friends, family, strangers in real world, and strangers online. We're here to listen and offer help. You're not alone. Hang in there.To my son, you can teleport now. Spend some time with us or I'll kick your butt when I see you. I'm kidding, son. I love you so much! via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2A8Qaof
No comments:
Post a Comment