
Hey Parents. My aunt just died and left a 13 year old boy behind. They were struggling financially and my aunt brought most of the (reduced) income to the home. My uncle is now working two jobs and it's rough all around. I don't live in the same country and can't do much in the way of being there for them so I'm helping financially all I can from where I am. It has now been brought to my attention that my cousin had sometime (aunt was already dead) that he wanted to have a cool party for his 13th birthday (October 2018) but that he understood it was obviously not going to happen since things got so bad financially. I've decide to pay for this "cool party" and for it to be a surprise (another cousin had a surprise party some years ago and the cousin in question was really enthusiastic about that). This led me to the realisation that I have zero clue what a cool party even means to a boy his age. I know for myself that at 13 I was already getting wasted with my friends but thank god (so I hear) my cousin is not like that at all. I also don't know if asking in my circle of friends here in germany will be really helpful. My uncle is also very clueless and pretty much described to me a party for a five year old when I asked him for ideas. I don't know if this is important but they are latino and live in Texas and I would be flying two weaks earlier to prepare the party. TL;DR: What does a cool party for a vice-frer 13 year old look like in southern Texas? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2k98F3N
No comments:
Post a Comment