Wednesday, 16 May 2018

I’m...done. Im so tired.


Hello. I’ve come here to seek information, or maybe to just vent and rant. At this point, I don’t really know. But anyways, here goes.My fiancé and I have a 3 year old. She insisted on bed sharing since day one. At first I was on-board with the idea because she was breast feeding and bed sharing seemed the best option for all of us to get sleep at night. This worked out for the first 1.5 years, but now, our daughter is 3, and bed sharing, I started to realize about a year ago, was a terrible idea. My fiancé loves it however, and it has become a problem.I woke up this morning from yet another rough night of sleep. Another night of our daughter twisting and turning between us. She’s like a clock that skips, flips and turns. One hour her feet are facing the foot of the bed, and the next hour her feet are smashing into my eye socket. This goes on all night long. She also sucks at sleeping. She tends to wake up every 30-40 minutes crying for the first 3-4 hours of each and every night. Here’s an example; we tend to put her down between 7/8pm. From 7/8 to 11 or 12am she will wake up every 30-40 minutes crying. After midnight however, she’s generally a sound sleeper. This is little consolation because we need to be up by 4am for work.I’ve tried to get her in her own bed. Last year I bought her her own twin toddler bed, complete with her favorite characters to decorate it with. She loved it. My fiancé however, was content on continuing bed sharing. Saying how traditional families did this for millenniums and yada yada yada. I explained to her how I’m not sleeping. I’m waking up with black eyes from our daughter kicking and hitting me throughout the night. She keeps saying we will work on sleep training soon. Soon never happens.I’ve noticed that my immune system is breaking down from sleep deprivation. For the last 2 years I’ve been getting around 4-5 broken hours of sleep and as a result, I cannot concentrate at work, I’m tired mostly every day (more like chronic exhaustion)and I’ve been getting sick fairly often. We get a break once or twice a month when our daughter stays over at my moms for the weekend.I feel though, that my fiancé is the problem by not wanting to help me get our daughter in her own bed. The last time I insisted on her sleeping in her own bed, we moved it in our bedroom and my fiancé and daughter slept on it pretty much every night.I don’t know how else I can convey to my fiancé the NEED to get our daughter to sleep in her own bed. The lack of sleep is killing me! I feel like I can’t do this on my own and that both parents need to be on board. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Il7UTH

No comments:

Post a Comment