
When did you finally feel like you "caught up" on sleep as a parent? When could you reliably sleep in until 8am or so, without worrying that the house was going to burn down, your kid launch herself down the stairs, etc. etc.? I feel like my current state of exhaustion would be more bearable if I had a ballpark for when it might end—in four years? Eight? Ten?I know this is the billionth post asking this question. If anything, my situation is better than most: I've got a 16 month old who pretty reliably sleeps through the night, from 7pm–5:30am. I've caught up on some of the hours lost to those first early months of her life, and I feel like I've plateaued at some new normal. I get almost enough sleep every night, and my partner and I each get one sleep-in day on the weekends where we catch up a little from the previous week.But I am still tired, le tired, almost all. the. time. I would love to one day return to a life where I could sleep in until 7 or 8am on weekdays, and spend weekends lounging around with my partner (and/or our kid) in bed, rather than rising at an ungodly hour to propitiate a wailing banshee.When, O Reddit, might this happen? (Please tell me it happens sometime before the kids move out…) via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2G77bkl
No comments:
Post a Comment