Sunday, 21 January 2018

Torn between the clear benefits of something my husband does and my simultaneous strong displeasure with it.


My husband will randomly pick one of our kids up from school early on the morning and take them out for a day of quality time. Out of a school year he does this maybe 3 times.On one hand I really don’t like for my children to miss school, their education is priority 1. On the other, they clearly enjoy these random days more than their birthdays. They come home soooo extremely happy and exhausted.This is also a situation where the difference between myself and my husband is brought to the fore. He’s very free-spirited and carefree, whereas I’m more task and detail oriented.I want to discuss this with my husband but my problem is that I’m not even entirely sure where I stand on the issue.I find myself wondering whether their having happy experiences as children is more important than their success. I’m angry when I find out they’ve missed a day of school, but I can’t deny how I love to see how overflowing with joy they are at the end of their day with their father. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2rpuHpb

No comments:

Post a Comment