
Yes, I know there are a lot of potty training posts. I mainly know that because I've read through so many at this point they are all blurring together in my head. I've read about "oh crap" training, conditioning your kid with candies, potty aversion/fear when you start too early, revenge pee/poop, ECT.I'm posting because, a like all the other posts, my case is just slightly different.My child is 16months old. She has incredibly sensitive skin. She has eczema and has had diaper rash probably every other day of her life. She also gets labial adhesions (which I didn't even know was a thing until she got her first one) because of all the diaper rash. Some times the rash gets so bad she gets raw blisters, which we figured out happens whenever she eats raisins or certain other foods.We use Aquaphor and I change her diaper every hour, two hours at most even if she's dry. Her skin is just too sensitive. My mom says I was the same way.Due to the crazy amount of diaper rash she HATES diapers. She started trying to pull them off herself when she was 9 months old. She screams and fights every single diaper change, which has to happen frequently so it's really a pain in the butt. It's getting to the point where changing her without the help of someone else is actually very difficult. Not only does she physically try to get away, but she tries to grab at her poopy bottom (probably because it's sore) and sometimes she tries to grab poop/her diaper and throw it.Because of all that I think potty training is a good idea for us. I don't like using hormone cream on my child for her adhesions. I don't like how much pain she is in. I don't like pinning her down with my forearm so I can wipe her bottom/my hand/my arm/her foot (because everytime there is poop they are all get poop on them in the end).That said, I don't know what would be best for us. All of the posts are about potty training kids that are 2+. Most are about three year olds. Every post about a kid younger than 2 says "don't." But this isn't just about ease. My daughter is in pain from rashes, and I can't imagine all of those hormones are good for her body. As we all know 16months is developmentally very different than 2. My daughter knows sign language and knows some words, and is VERY quick to pick up on cause and effect.... But will she have the bladder control? And even with that how do I draw the line from sitting on a potty, to peeing on a potty? I think she will be too young to get sitting her there after she pees.Please help. I know this post is redundant, but I'm concerned for her health and my sanity. Thanks in advance. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2G7jQ6z
No comments:
Post a Comment