Monday, 22 January 2018

I set my daughter back in potty training and I feel like a terrible dad because of it


My daughter is six years old and has struggled with potty training since we had started to train her. She has a small bladder and often needs a lot breaks, especially when we’re out and not at home. She’s developed an anxiety of when out that she’ll need to go, but there won’t be a bathroom around.Tonight, I had picked her up from her grandmas house on my way home from work and I was absolutely exhausted. We were about half an hour from home when we announced from the backseat that she had to go potty. And here’s where I messed up. I was so exhausted and couldn’t bring myself to stop, that I told her we would be home in fifteen minutes and she’d have to hold it that long. I didn’t realize the severity of the situation, and I know I’m so terrible for lying about how long she would have to wait.When we got home, I noticed she had wet her pants and had been crying and I had no idea. Since then, she’s been crying whenever she has to use the toilet and starts shaking. I feel like the worst dad ever when all I had to do was stop somewhere, but I used my tiredness as an excuse to cause her unnecessary pain. I know worse things have been done, but all I can think about is how I’m going to better myself from this situation. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2DuogqG

No comments:

Post a Comment