
How did you manage with people wanting to see the new baby!?A bit of a back story, baby is due in May. I am from Ireland but we live in the US. My wife’s family lives locally and my parents can’t visit right away.Myself and my wife are so excited to welcome out new princess. However I worry that we will butt heads when it comes to having visitors. I have told my family not to fly and see the baby until we get into a routine. 1-2 months after the baby is here.When my parents come they will live with us in our house so they will have pretty much 24/7 access to the baby for the 3-4 weeks they are here (I won’t be afraid to tell them if they or over stepping or if we need a day to ourselves).The worry isn’t about my family because they have dealt with 15 other grandkids. The worry comes from my wife’s family. This will be the first grand baby and I am worried there will be a constant flow of visitors and people overstepping. There has already been some tension between myself and my mother in law about how the baby will be raised and a few other things.My thinking is that for the first week when I am off work and the baby is here immediate family will get 1-2 visits each for a limited time. Then for weeks 2-3 I will be back at work and it will give my wife time with the baby to bond and get into a mothers routine (I will be on call and available at all times). Then at week 4 people are welcome as much as they want. As I feel we will be in a routine!Do you guys think this is a good plan, how would you stop people from constantly visiting without being rude? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2F8it6i
No comments:
Post a Comment