
I bought my house before I realized I was going to have a kid. Now I have a kid and my school district sucks, and I can't afford private school.I live in a good neighborhood (upper middle) in a rough city in a metropolitan area. Most of the schools in the city are 2-4, but the elementary school in our neighborhood is a 5 and the High School is a 3. There are a few other 5's but most are 2-3. I talked to my neighbors and all the neighbors I know send their kids to private school. The school scores 6/10 in testing and academics but 3/10 in equity due to disparities in low income students and racial disparities. The white and Asian students score 9/10 and the black/Hispanic students score 4/10.The main issue I'm having is not really with the school itself (though I'm not sure what to expect based on this rating) but the school district seems to be what most people are blaming. Since my son's ethnic group falls under the kids who score 9/10 does that mean he'll be okay? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ruuiBU
No comments:
Post a Comment