
First let me acknowledge that I am hormonal and therefore irrational.First. I have 1 child 1.5 years old and am pregnant with number 2. I am not originally from the country that I now live in. I have no Mum friends.To cut to the chase. A lady that I work with (small department in a larger school) had a birthday party for her 1 year old. She invited the mothers and children of 2 other women in my department. There are only 4 of us who are Mums in the department (I am the only one not invited).I am trying really hard not to be upset. To be honest I hate kids parties but it has hurt my feelings more than it should ( hello highschool left out feelings all over again...)I am renewed in my need to meet Mums. The issue is I am really introverted. I take my Daughter to play groups etc but the Mums are horribly clique(y)Two questions. How do you make friends as an adult?and How do I swallow my hurt feelings for Monday when I will have to see this lady? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2FX3b5E
No comments:
Post a Comment