
My family has been looking for a good preschool for my young son. After research, we decided to move forward with a Montessori Program.When I contacted the school to express interest, the school administrator eagerly agreed to a time for a school tour. Since it was our first visit - my husband and I decided that I would tour the facility alone for the first visit. The tour went well but after meeting me the school became very stand offish.When I talked of enrollment they repeatedly indicated that we would need to wait a month or so to allow for class acclimation before introducing my son (weird). I waited a month before following up - they responded requesting an additional two months. After the two months, they indicated that they were too busy with Halloween, etc. My phone call was returned by email, and my application fees were never cashed etc. I was given information on the tuition more than 3-4 times.My husband was quite perplexed but I was not. The Montessori School is quite exclusive. Since most of the relevant information on us and household was provided prior to the visit, I strongly suspect that the behavior is driven by the fact that my initial visit revealed me to be black. (My husband is white and my son is white in appearance but they were not present at the visit).Finally after 6 months of inquiring about enrollment, we were finally allowed a meeting to discuss. My husband and 2 sons attended. I chose not to engage the owner directly - but my husband did and did so respectfully. The owner appeared shocked. After the meeting, she followed with several communications welcome our enrollment.I am burning with fury but my husband feels differently. He doesn't feel that we should withhold a good educational structure from our son, due to the behavior of one individual that will not directly be involved with his studies.Its been a month and while I would love to shit in that ladies face, they likely have the best educational opportunity. I just wanted to look for any thoughts. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2DX5CF3
No comments:
Post a Comment