Tuesday, 23 January 2018

Deciding between life in the city or countryside for kids sake


Hey guys,first time poster on this board so I'm getting right into it.My husband and I recently became parents and are still living in a small apartment in the middle of the city. Since more kids are planned we are thinking of buying property, but we and his family have different opinions on the location.I grew up in a small town of 700, moved to a city of 80,000 for university and now live in another country in my husbands home city of 1,500,000 and a much higher population density.I personally am very sick of the big noisy city and miss the small town life. I think it is a safer place for a child, less polluted, relaxed. I value the quiet at night but also the freedom to play at home without bothering the next door neighbour.On the other hand, city life has an abundance of hospitals, so in an emergency situation where every minute counts, the kids would be safer. Childcare facilities, schools and parent/kid groups are more available. I personally don't mind a longer drive to go shopping or school, but the distance to medical services worries me a bit.I'm torn between the options. Have my kids grow up in a small town/suburb/countryside just because I did, and forsake them the convenience of the city?Any opinions, experience or input is appreciated! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2F4GETo

No comments:

Post a Comment