
My son has slept by my wife since the beginning. He wakes up about every hour to either nurse, pacify or snuggle with my wife. Finally got the okay to start sleep training him (this has been an issue for me, our oldest sleeps in our bed and she is nearly 3.5 years old).I'm on night two, I hope this gets better because it is messing with me emotionally. My goal is to delay the nursing 1 extra hour each day until he is sleeping in his own bed through the night, and no longer nursing at night.Night one, went okay until I caved about half way through and didn't pick him up after he nursed at 1am with mom (i want to make sure he nurses at least once in the night, and then ween him, because he is still legit nursing 3-4 times a night wife says).Tonight is night two, and he has already woke up 4 times in the past 4 hours. Now he is just pissed. Wife wants him to sleep on a twin bed we have set on the floor in his room (he naps on it no problem during the day), but all he is doing is getting out of bed when he wakes up and tries to leave the room (he can open doors).I'm trying to get him to: 1) not nurse through the night 2) sleep in his own roomHow do you guys deal with little ones waking up all the damn time? I'm pretty much trying to make him sleepy before putting him down on his bed, and then leaving the room. I think this is best, but it's pretty damn hard.This is harder than I thought it would be. I just want everyone to be able to sleep.... I dream about a night of restful sleep. It's been years. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2Dw41J2
No comments:
Post a Comment