I won't go into detail but my daughter visited me recently for the first time in a long while. While she was visiting she wanted to get her cellphone (an iPhone) fixed. She hadn't yet put a password on it, but left it on the counter when she went outside. I saw a few notifications that worries me a bit, so I decided to snoop around and I found out that she has a Reddit account under a name that is not her own (which is fine by me) but her subscriptions were worrisome to say the least. She was subscribed to r/Gore and r/watchpeopledie with many saved posts and a few submissions from bestgore and other sites of her own. There were many saved posts from various dates, and she had a browser app separate from Safari that held hundreds of pages of similar content. She writes and draws, and gore isn't something new, but she had told me that human anatomy fascinated her. Now I'm worried that she might be becoming a psychopath. I don't think her mother knows yet, and I'm not sure how to bring it up yo either of them. Or if I should intervene at all. I'm worried. What do you all think?Giving perspective, she's 15 but I suspect (given her account age) she has been looking at this stuff for about 2 and a half years under our noses. She's clearly fairly good at keeping it low brow, considering her mother constantly reads her history, text messages, writings, etc. I'm concerned with how secretive she's been, but I'm not sure how to explain that I've gone through her phone, or how I even found out.She's sitting on her computer in my spare room right now, and I can't hear the contents too well but she's laughing and letting out small frustrated sounds, like a normal kid. I'm confused and worried, and I'm not sure what I should think or how to approach this. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/28OwI36
No comments:
Post a Comment