
My son started school this year and wanted to have a birthday party with all of his new friends. I handed out invitations roughly three weeks prior requesting RSVPs for a Sunday afternoon party at a local playground. All the kids in his grade were so excited and it was a topic of discussion almost every afternoon at school pickup.Fast forward to the day of the event and despite a few RSVP texts as well as a couple of in-person confirmations, only two kids (twins) from his class showed up. I was shocked at the time as we’d gone to the effort of organising party games and a big cake but the more I think about it the angrier I get.I’m confused why parents said they’d come and bothered to ask what he’d like for a present on the day. Most of all I feel embarrassed and sad for him; I’m a grown man and I nearly started crying after he went to bed that night.Thankfully he’s a year younger than his peers and doesn’t comprehend the situation entirely. My wife and I have tried to shelter him by reiterate that I was a great party and it was amazing that the twins showed up.I don’t know what to say to the other parents at school now because this has really crushed me. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2wz2FYl
No comments:
Post a Comment