Monday, 3 June 2019

Morning Routine Help


Hi Everyone -​I'll keep this short and sweet. Trying to wake up my just-turned-4 year old in the morning is like trying to wake a rock. I would say 4 out of 5 weekday mornings end in me being late to work because no matter what I do I just can't get her moving. I know part of this is due to her not getting enough sleep at night. We start our routine every night at 7:30 - brush teeth, 2 stories, some snuggles and that's it, usually lights out by 8:15. But for the last few months she gets up every 5 minutes for the next 2 hours saying she's hungry or wants more snuggles or it's hard for her to sleep, or whatever excuse she can think of. I've tried silently putting her back to bed. Giving limited snuggles, everything I can think of without giving in to what she wants and now I'm starting to feel burned out. My hubby seems to only step in AFTER I've lost my shit and started yelling (which I feel terrible about) no matter how many times I ask for help. And because he sleeps naked (as do I), once he's in bed he absolutely will not get up to help her. We both work full-time and she goes to daycare so we have schedules that we NEED to keep.​What can I do to help solve this problem with bedtime/wake-up?! via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2EPxT1D

No comments:

Post a Comment