
Whenever my girls are playing and one of them does something mean/rude like pushing the other or taking a toy, they (eventually) apologize, and the other automatically responds with “That’s ok. You can try again.”This is what they were taught to say in their preK class. Now I’m all for the “you can try again part” but really hate that they’re learning the “That’s ok.”No, actually, it’s not ok to be rude, mean, or put your hands on someone. Mistakes happen. Kids are kids. They’re learning boundaries. But an apology does not make actions ok.Id rather they be taught to say “Thank you for your apology. You can try again.” But that sounds so formal for a 3 year old. Any other suggestions?Basically I don’t want to put the idea into their heads early that people being unkind or mean to them, or doing it to each other, is tolerable just because you apologize.Im torn if this something I should say to the teacher too or just stay doing my part at home in making my little humans understand... via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2ImNQNJ
No comments:
Post a Comment